It’s Tuesday! New challenge starts over at Digi Choosday today! As always it is anything goes but the design team is sharing their makes with a given theme. This week we are challenged to make a A card for the grandparents. We are also challenged to use a circle die and create a frame for the card!
This is my card:
Ahw, my grandpa and grandma … Unfortunately I have been missing them for a while. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed making this card! So, with my grandparents in mind, I have been crafting this project! They will have loved it 🙂
I have the cute digistamp and the background paper all from the Festive Hollybobs collection ! This fantastic Collection is all about everything Christmas Holidays related and includes a lot of great stuff to make a whole bunch of christmas related projects! The Festive hollybobs collection is a part of Polkadoodles Character Series. The Work & Play collections are a serious of downloads perfect for all those work related jobs and hobby themes – choose from musical instruments to Farming, Police, Firefighters and 100s of great themes! Available with co-ordinating papers and sentiments for each theme.
Details about my card:
– First I selected my digi stamp and the design paper and printed it out. I printed the background paper
on thin paper and the stamp on thick paper;
– now that I know the main colors of my card, I also know the color scheme that I will use for the stamp;
– this time I used my Promarkers to color the stamp;
– with colored pencil I applied shadow;
– the card and background paper are die-cutted with a StudioLight die-cut;
– I also die-cut all kinds of snowflakes and 2 Christmas twigs;
– I wanted a Dutch text on my card. I printed out “for grandpa and grandma” and made a small tag out
– I edited the tag with some distress ink;
– I loved the little bells to attach to the top of the card under the bow;
– I secured the tulle bow and the embellishments with a brad in the shape of a star;
– I also distressed my circle frame a bit;
– then I glued everything onto my main card;
– I glued little glitter stones to the snowflakes;
– and I smeared some fake snow on the twigs;
– I once bought ugly white sticky pearls in a sale. I colored a few of those small sticky pearls red with an
alcohol marker and stuck them on the twigs;
– the text at the bottom of the card is Dutch for Happy Holidays;
– I couldn’t resist punching and gluing some more hearts out of the remaining background paper.
It was really a joy to work on this card.
Wishing you all the best and hope to see you next time again! Good luck with challenge at
Digi Choosday ! The Digi Choosday Challenge runs every week, it is always anything goes so there is no reason not to enter and you never know you may just win!
Looking for more inspiration? Then check out my teamies designs over on the Facebook page, you can also post your own Polkadoodles’ designs on the Craft Stamp and Colour with Polkadoodles Facebook group
Thanks for stopping by, now go join the challenge!
And if you would leave me some love on my blog: click on the post title and scroll all the way down to the post. There will you find the comment section! Thank you so much!
PS: Thank you for visiting my blog!