Hello my crafty friends! It’s time for another challenge over at The Creative Knockouts! Thank you for joining us last week and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We are sponsored by LeAnn’s World 101, this week. You don’t have to use the digistamps to join in, but if you have some we would love to see them used.
The Creative Knockouts are generously giving away a price this week: 2 images from the shop, for one lucky participant ! All you have to do is take out your crafty supplies, make something following this week’s prompt, and add a link in the linktools down at the bottom of the challenge Blog. How AWESOME is that?! All winners are chosen randomly, so everyone has an equal chance to win! Woo Hoo!! Good Luck to everyone! The Design Team is looking forward to seeing your crafty makes and will pop around to visit you ASAP!
Our theme for this week is: Lots of Layers! We challenge you to use lots of layers on your card , so use your paper and embellishments!
Our sponsor is: Leann’s World 101
Oh, you know me and my association with all kinds of songs and lyrics while I am crafting. This cute image reminds me of a Dutch child song: “Hanneke en Janneke“. It is a song about two little friends, who are walking under mothers umbrella, while the rain sings a song…
So you now know why I used this design papers in the colors of the Dutch flag: red, white and blue! Besides, on this moment it is realy raining cat’s and dogs out here, so I had a lot of inspiration , to make this card!
This is how I made my card:
- First, I printed this incredibly fun digital stamp “Sher and Mike” on a somewhat thicker paper.
- Then I colored it with my alcohol markers For the shading I used some color pencils too.
- The images is very detailed. I colored it in with just a few colors of my alcohol markers.
- I also colored the whole background of my image with a greyish/blue light color. This time I made little rounds with my brushtip of my alcoholmarker, so the backround look like rainy clouds.
- When I was working on it, I decided to ad some more details to the image. So I draw a little waterpool around the feets of the characters. And I added some dots to the rain boots of the little girl. And if you noticed: I could not stop being worried about the cold feets of the boy in the waterpool, so I colored the whole slippers blue and it looks now that he has better shoes for this kind of wheater LOL (it was just a happy accident , but do not tell anybody further 😉 )
- I matted my colored image into a square piece of design paper.
- I add some cute little glitter raindrops to the card. Just for a little fun.
- Than I glued my image on a larger piece of cardstock using the same red as my designpapers.
- Because with the distressed corners the cards looks a little vintage and so the card became quit eclectic. That is why I thought I could ad a vintage style bow to my card too.
The design paper I have used, is from my stash. I used a paperpack from Marianne Designs, called Dutch Design and I have used a paperpack from Craftsensations.
Now I hope you’ll join us for this fun challenge at the Creative Knock Outs Challenge blog, for your chance to win 2 prices!
With my card I would love to play along in the following challenges:
Craftyhazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge – March 2020 Challenge
Cute Card Thursday – #624 Anything Goes
Krafty Chicks Challenge – 497, week 1 Stamp Act
Southern Girls Challenge – Anything Goes
Through The Purple Haze Challenge – #165 Anything Goes
Thanks for visiting my blog! And if you would leave me some love on my blog: click on the post title and scroll all the way down to the post. There will you find the comment section! Thank you so much!
Wishing you good luck with challenge #340 at The Creative Knockouts!