Hello my crafty friends! It’s time for another challenge over at The Creative Knockouts!
Our challenge for this week is: Flora and Fauna (plants or animals)!
Our sponsor is: The Artsy Stamper. This week you can win: one digi set from Etsy store to one lucky crafter! The only thing you have to do is to enter this weeks challenge!
This is my card using the image called Sea Turtle
I love how this sunny color combination has turned out! It was a little challenging to give the turtle a kind of natural look, but I am happy with the result.
This is how I made my card:
- First, I printed this incredibly beautiful digital stamp and matching sentiment on a somewhat thicker paper;
- Then I colored the turtle with my alcohol markers;
- I cut out the pieces of cardstock and design papers (craft sensations “summer shores”);
- I distressed the sentiment and the colored turtle with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink (tea dye);
- I went through my stash and found some burlap and little blue and green colored gems that looks a bit like waterdrops;
- I played with the composition a bit. I thought it would be nice to create some sort of beachcombing effect! It was only when I was completely satisfied that I glued everything down.
With this card I would love to play along in the following challenges:
Wishing you good luck with challenge #360 at The Creative Knockouts! I hope you will join us! Can’t wait to see your cards!
Thanks for visiting my blog! And if you would leave me some love on my blog: click on the post title and scroll all the way down to the post. There will you find the comment section! Thank you so much!